Your ankle joint is made up of specific parts of the bones of the lower leg, several small bones and ligaments and tendons which allow your foot to move in a way that springs you forward and supports you as you walk, run, hop, skip, dance and move around. There is another joint in the ankle where the bottom of your two lower leg bones comes together. Because there are so many parts of the ankle, it’s important to get the proper diagnosis and treatment for the cause of any ankle swelling and/or pain.
Conditions We Treat
NGPG Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine diagnoses and treats common injuries and disorders of the foot and ankle.
- Achilles tendon tears
- Broken foot or ankle, including stress and hairline fractures
- Sprained ankle
- Fractured heels
- Toe fractures
- Common overuse injuries
- Diagnostic X-rays, MRIs and CT scans
- Surgery for achilles tendon tears or broken bones
- Cast treatment for achilles tendon tears, if the tear is not very severe
- Braces, boots and casting
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
For questions, more information or to schedule an appointment, please contact NGPG Orthopedic Surgery & Sports Medicine.