Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS) is one of “Metro Atlanta’s Top 150 Workplaces” for a fifth consecutive year according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution (AJC). NGHS is also one of only 25 large companies (more than 500 employees) to make the list.
The recognition is based on direct feedback from NGHS employees collected through a survey conducted by the AJC and its partner, Workplace Dynamics. Some direct quotes from NGHS employees’ surveys include:
- “I am respected and treated with dignity. I have wonderful co-workers and feel that we make a difference.”
- “I feel I am a part of helping the community and get compensated fairly to do so.”
- “I work with and for an exceptional group of individuals who are consistently focused on the needs of the population we serve.”
- “Fair pay, great benefits, great organization with values that matter. Leadership is made up of true leaders.”
- “I feel that my work is valued and my contributions are recognized.”
“Comments like these illustrate the true dedication and loyalty of our organization to providing the best patient care possible,” says Carol Burrell, president and CEO of NGHS. “Having engaged, satisfied employees is not only crucial to our organization, but it is also the reason we have been named to this list five years in a row, in addition to being named Georgia’s #1 Hospital for two consecutive years.”
More than 1,400 companies were nominated or asked to participate in the 2015 survey conducted by the AJC and Workplace Dynamics. Workplace Dynamics then surveyed almost 50,000 employees from finalist companies. Each company was graded using employees’ responses to several questions about factors such as work conditions, management, pay, benefits and career paths.